Are you about to book your holiday rental but have questions? Here’s why you should choose Vallnord for your ski holiday.
Located in the northern valleys of Ordino and La Massana, the town of Vallnord has a lot to offer its visitors. First of all, it is the second most important alpine ski resort in Andorra after Grandvalira and has around a hundred kilometres of ski slopes served by ski lifts, such as gondolas, chairlifts, ski tows, snow parks, etc. But that’s not all, thanks to its northerly orientation, the quality of the snow is simply exceptional and it stays longer than elsewhere.
Where to stay in Vallnord?
Vallnord offers absolutely everything that can be found on the subject! However, in Arcalis there is no village, just a few restaurants, but no way to stay on site. So skiers usually stay in Ordino, surely one of the prettiest villages in Andorra, or in the hamlets that dot the ski lifts. The same is true of Pal, which is a small town very close to Andorra la Vella and directly linked to the slopes by a cable car. Arinsal is not bad either in terms of accommodation.
Three main disciplines are practiced in this ski area ;
– Boarder cross
Ski hire in Vallnord
Before you can practice your favourite winter sports, you will need the right equipment. To do this, equipment rental is a possibility to consider, especially if your ski holidays are occasional. In these shops, you will find classic ski equipment but also more specific equipment such as ski touring, off-piste skiing, but also snowboarding and cross-country skiing. Professionals will be at your service to advise you. There’s only one thing left to do, hit the green slopes and enjoy the thrills of these ski resorts. In most resorts, you can pay for your rental by ski pass, which is advantageous if you plan to ski for several days.
Here is the list of shops:
– Sport 2000
– Esports Sant Moritz
– Pic nègre
Ski schools in Vallnord
Learning to ski in Vallnord
Finally, for people making their first ski trip, it is not always easy to find themselves several metres above sea level. This is why this large ski area has a ski school where ski lessons are given by instructors.
Gastronomy in Vallnord
Because winter sports make you hungry, there are many pubs and restaurants around the resorts. We have found the rare gems for you:
– Located in Andorra la Vella, the El Cachirulo restaurant will make your mouth water with its Spanish specialities.
– The Lac I Cell restaurant, also located in Andorra la Vella, has everything to please with its mountain chalet atmosphere.
– For a tapas restaurant, head to La Taverna de Pal, where you can enjoy a good glass of wine and tapas at the foot of the slopes, all with a view of the exceptional panoramas of the snow-capped mountains.
Summer holidays in Vallnord
Finally, even if when we talk about Vallnord, we immediately think of winter holidays, it is not just a big resort where it is good to ski. In fact, the family activities of La Caubella and the entire Vallnord Mountain Bike Park La Massana are waiting for you! These are open from 18 June to 11 September. This area is dedicated to family fun. The park has bouncy castles and trampolines. It is also the starting point for excursions on quads or Gicafer. There are many fun activities for families, such as canals, wooden games, a rope park, an electric train, an electric go-kart circuit, a jumping zone, a zip line and a labyrinth. Of course, the park has also thought about parents, who can try disc golf, 4×4 buggy rides, play pétanque, orienteering courses and anything else they can think of.
Culture and relaxation in Vallnord
During your holiday in the mountains, you will discover many fun activities for the whole family. You will have the opportunity to go for walks and discover the steel industry in Andorra, and visit important places such as the Rossel forge or the Llorts mine in summer.
All in all, an unforgettable holiday in southern Europe.
Here is a list of the best activities in the region:
For a moment close to nature
– The Tristaina Lake Trail. This 4.8 km round trip trail is mainly used for hiking. It passes by three lakes and is a real haven of peace. It’s a great way to recharge your batteries!
– The Comapedrosa Valleys Natural Park is located in the northwest of the Principality of Andorra. The Comapedrosa peak, the highest peak in Andorra, is located in this area.
– Estany de les truites is a meeting point with nature that is not to be missed.
A relaxing break in Vallnord
– Caldea: this thermal leisure centre in Andorra is one of the most important in Europe. This centre offers thermoludism: all cultures are brought together through water to help you find balance, vitality and well-being. Two areas are at your disposal: the Thermoludic area and the Wellness area. A great place to recharge your batteries after a day of skiing.
Shopping day in Vallnord
– You will also have the opportunity to do some shopping. The Principality of Andorra is also known for the quality and diversity of its shops. A few kilometres away is the Pyrenees Andorra shopping centre, which will satisfy even the most discerning shoppers.