Unless you have family or friends in the Principality of Anorre who can accommodate you, you will have to stay somewhere. And you’re probably wondering whether you should opt for a hotel or an AirBNB. Both have advantages and disadvantages that will depend on your budget and your desires. In this article, we will help you make your choice by giving you the pros and cons of hotel and AirBNB for sleeping in Andorra.
Advantages and disadvantages of a hotel in Andorra
When planning a trip, you need to decide where you are going to stay. Your choice is usually a hotel or an AirBNB. Both options have advantages and disadvantages. In this article we will compare the two and help you make your choice. Let’s start with hotels, they are a popular option for travellers as they offer a number of advantages.
The advantages of staying in a hotel in Andorra
First of all, the hotels have room service. The rooms are cleaned daily by housekeepers, which guarantees impeccable hygiene. In addition, hotels in Andorra often offer a full range of services, such as a swimming pool, restaurant, gym, etc. This means you don’t have to leave the hotel to enjoy all the activities you want to do. Finally, if you stay in a hotel, you will have access to a 24/7 concierge service, which is very convenient if you need help or if you have forgotten something in your room.
The disadvantages of staying in a hotel in Andorra
Now let’s move on to the disadvantages of Andorran hotels. If you are more than two travellers, hotels are generally more expensive than B&Bs. This is because you pay for one room, usually for double occupancy. If you are a family of four, you will have to pay for two rooms. AirBNB, on the other hand, allows you to search for the number of rooms you need.
In a hotel, you pay not only the price of the room, but also the price of the services you use (pool, restaurant, etc.).
This is especially true for ski holidays as skiers can be party animals when the slopes close.
In a hotel, there is less privacy than in an AirBNB. If the hosts have designed their accommodation well, you should feel at home in your chosen AirBNB in Andorra.
Advantages of staying in an AirBNB in Andorra
Let’s move on to bed and breakfast accommodation. Bed and breakfasts or complete accommodations offered on AirBNB have certain advantages.
This solution is generally cheaper than hotels, especially if you are travelling to Andorra as a group or with your family if you have a large family. In addition, you don’t pay for services you don’t use (swimming pool, restaurant, etc.).
If privacy is important, nothing beats an AirBNB with several bedrooms and bathrooms.
In an AirBNB you can cook. In these times of crisis, this can be a great saving.
In addition, bed and breakfasts are often located in less touristy areas and therefore less noisy than hotels.
Criteria for choosing an AirBNB or a hotel in Andorra
Here is a list that should help you choose your accommodation when you come to Andorra:
- Your personal preferences: Do you want your beds made in the morning, do you want your towels changed every day, in which case a hotel will suit you best.
- How many and with whom do you travel: Are you coming to ski with friends? It’s more convivial to share an AirBNB accommodation to have a good time together. Are you travelling with your children? In this case, an AirBNB allows you to share the accommodation with your children while benefiting from keeping your privacy (choose an accommodation with several bathrooms).
- Do you have a pet? Often a hotel will charge you a fairly high amount per night. AirBNB hosts are less greedy.
- Price: The prices of both types of accommodation vary according to several factors, so it is important to compare prices before making your choice.
- Parking: In Andorra, parking spaces in hotels are not free. Remember to add this when comparing prices. Often the covered parking spaces are quite small. If you can find an AirBNB with a garage, this is a big advantage.
- Location: This is quite variable, location is an important criterion for a good holiday but some AirBNBs are very well located as are some hotels and vice versa.
A few years ago, the question of whether to choose a hotel or an AirBNB rental would not have been relevant for a stay in Andorra. Today, it is important to weigh up the pros and cons before making your booking.
Hotels have the advantage of convenience and security. You know what you are getting and you don’t have to worry about potential problems with your accommodation. AirBNB rentals can be a great option if you are looking to save money and have a little more flexibility and especially privacy as to where you want to stay in Andorra.
However, there are a few downsides to consider, not least that you don’t always know what to expect and you don’t have the same protection in case of problems. Ultimately, there is no right or wrong option, but it is important to take the time to compare the different possibilities before making your choice. This choice depends on whether you have a good or bad policy.
There are several factors to consider when deciding where to stay on your holiday. If you have children, it is important to find somewhere that will offer them everything they need to enjoy their stay. Hotels usually have the advantage of offering activities for children, while AirBNB flats may be more suitable for adult groups. It is also important to consider the budget when making your choice. Hotels can be more expensive, but they often offer benefits such as free breakfast and Wi-Fi.
AirBNB can be a cheaper option, but it is important to check if your needs are encountered.